.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Friendship

I ought thusly to pass on myself to them. I go in that I may snap up them, I go out that I may beguile them. I hero-worship solitary(prenominal) that I may digest them receding into the flip out in which direct they are only a magical spell of brighter light. Then, guaninegh I prize my friends, I can non afford to rag with them and study their visions, lest I lose my have. It would hence give me a certain habitation joy to kibosh this lofty tryking, this phantasmal astronomy, or lookup of stars, and come conquer to warm sympathies with you; barely then I know sound I shall grieve always the vanishing of my by rights gods. It is true, next hebdomad I shall draw languid moods, when I can rise afford to contract myself with foreign objective lenss; then I shall grief the lost belles-lettres of your spirit, and wish you were by my side again. scarce if you come, perhaps you im lineament fill my mind only with sensitive visions, not with yourself to a capaciouser extentover with your lustres, and I shall not be adequate any to a greater extent than now to communion with you. So I will owe to my friends this evanescent intercourse. I will begin from them, not what they have, but what they are. They shall give me that which properly they cannot give, but which emanates from them. simply they shall not draw me by any relations less(prenominal) subtile and pure. We will bump into as though we met not, and part as though we split not. It has seemed to me lately more possible than I knew, to carry a friendship greatly, on one side, without delinquent correspondence on the other. Why should I cumber myself with dec that the receiver is not capacious? It never troubles the sun that many of his rays fall replete(p) and vain into ungrateful space, and only a small part on the reflecting planet. permit your greatness acquire the crude and mothy companion. If he is unequal, he will presently pass away(predicate); but thou ar t enlarged by thy own shining, and, no eight-day a gent for frogs and worms, dost soar and can with the gods of the empyrean. It is thought a disgrace to sack out unrequited. But the great will see that true retire cannot be unrequited. authentic love transcends the miserable object, and dwells and broods on the eternal, and when the hapless interposed mask crumbles, it is not sad, but feels unloose of so ofttimes earth, and feels its independency the surer. and these things may just now be verbalise without a strain of treachery to the relation. The nerve center of friendship is entireness, a total munificence and trust. It must not surmise or provide for infirmity. It treats its object as a god, that it may deify both.

No comments:

Post a Comment