.

Monday, February 25, 2019

College App

Where atomic number 18 you from? My stomach tightens and my mouth goes dry as I rack my brain for an answer that doesnt Involve explaining my entire life story. My perplexity over such a simple enquiry may come along unnecessary, simply I have spent the past seventeen eld trying to come up with a suitable answer to that said(prenominal) question. I have grown up a proud lady friend of a united States Army soldier, and in my fathers line of work, never clear-sighted where well be sent next is part of the job description. I was innate(p) in New York and from there moved to Georgia. Then we moved to Rhode Island, rear end to New York, Kansas,Virginia, and finally Washington. Thats seven states. Not to mention, I have tended to(p) six different public schools and lived in seven different houses. You could cite Ive always been the new girl. My life is not Just in brown cardboard boxes though its picking up and moving at any(prenominal) given time. What can I say In response t o this question? Should I say the snow drifts in New York because thats where I was innate(p)? Or should I say the rolling hills of Kansas because three years Is the weeklong Vive spent In one place? Some may intuitive feeling sorry for me, but I couldnt Imagine Miming any other way.We are not defined by a geographic location, but kind of the challenges we face and how we learn from them. Unexpected deployments and goodbyes have shown me that some lessons are harder than others, but I know that I am heading towards a buttonlike future. Through my travels I have experienced a wide surf of cultures and lifestyles that some can only dream of. Being an Army scourge has made me adaptable, flexible, and empathic. So, a simple answer to this question Just wouldnt do my story Justice. I take a deep breath, smile, and say Im from everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment