.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Oedipus is to Blame in Oedipus the King Essay -- Oedipus Rex Essays

Oedipus is to goddamned in Oedipus the pouf In the story of Oedipus the King, Sophocles portrays the main character, Oedipus, as a good natured person that has stinky judgment and frailty. Oedipus makes a few bad decisions and is condemned to profound suffering because of his pride. I agree with Aristotle that he brings it all on to himself because of his own personal pride. One day Oedipus finds out that there is a prophecy that depicts him killing his father and marrying his mother. The prophecy may have been proved untrue if he wouldnt have put himself on such a high pedestal. It all started one day when he met up with King Laius Seated in it. The groom leading the horses Forced me off the alley at his lords command But as this charioteer lurched over towards me I struck him in my rage...I killed him (1.2.764-772). Oedipus met the King Laius on a bridge and was too knightly to let him pass first, and then the King pushed him out...

No comments:

Post a Comment