.

Monday, May 6, 2019

Interpersonal Communication Questions Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1500 words

Interpersonal Communication Questions - Essay Example present are six ways that can be adopted in everyday life, which are move yourself to listen, clearly hearing the message, paying attention to the message, correctly interpreting the message, evaluating the message, and remembering and responding appropriately(Sole, 2011). I contrive to use these skills in everyday life. By using these ways, my listening skills will be polished and I will be a better listener.The psychological concepts concerning the self are self-concept, self-image and self-esteem and these concepts are relate to interpersonal communication. A person is able to have self-concept or knowledge of self and his traits by communicating with self and others around him, thusly, an interaction is created leading to interpersonal communication. Self-image is a complete picture of ones full persona and transforms because of interaction and communication with other people as information about strengths and weaknesses i s internalized, therefore is related to interpersonal communication. Self-esteem is related to interpersonal communication as it is the worth of oneself, which sometimes ineluctably reassurance from other people or from self through interpersonal communication (Sole, 2011). Self-concept has affected my interpersonal communication as my friends categorize me as social and friendly highlighting my traits so I have devout interpersonal communication. The example of self-image is that being physically fit, I have self-reliance in communicating with others so my interpersonal communication is affected by my self-image. I respect myself having positive self-esteem that makes me to communicate with confidence with people around.Verbal communication is as significant as nonverbal communication and it can be made effective by following certain ways, which are improvement of vocabulary, increase of awareness and modification of language and checking for understanding (Sole, 2011).

No comments:

Post a Comment